Hi, I'm a Tea Partier revisited. An Xtranormal video about why I'm a Tea Partier. It's the economy.
DC runs on Keynesian macroeconomics:
Fiscal policy is deficit spending (borrowing).
Monetary policy is:
- artificially low interest rates
- printing money from thin air, (inflation, aka quantitative easing)
Booms created with borrowing and are followed by recessions which are greater than the booms, because the debt + interest must be paid.
Keynes' fiscal multiplier uses illegal 3 Stooges Math. Keynesian macroeconomic policy only works if you ignore the $17 Trillion national debt (as of October 2013).
Inflation can't stimulate the economy. The gains of borrowers are offset by the losses of savers and investors. No net gain.
John Maynard Keynes was a quack, accepted by pols, because he told them that spending by politicians isthe best kind of spending.
1) The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Great Depression and the New Deal by Robert Murphy
2) FDR's Folly by Jim Powell
3) The Forgotten Man by Amity Schlaes
4) Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt
5) Planning for Freedom by Ludwig von Mises (anything by von Mises)
6) New Deal or Raw Deal by Burt Folsom
7) Where Keynes Went Wrong by Hunter Lewis
8) Cartels and unions prolonged the Great Depression
9) Here's How The Community Reinvestment Act Led To The Housing Bubble's Lax Lending by Jim Carney 6-27-09
- On foxbusiness.com, Elizabeth MacDonald's EMAC's Stock Watch is always good. It's not actually about stocks. Very good stuff about the latest gov't boondoggles, etc.
10)Budget Perspective: The Real Deficit Effect of the Health Bill 3-18-10
11) A picture can be worth 2,000 pages
By: Michael Barone
Climate Change, too numerous to list. Beware of wikipedia because a climate change evangelist has been editing the posts to make them politically correct. Some of the stuff from the UN's International Panel on Climate Change shows their bias, but it is very boring reading.
12) GLOBAL WARMING AND GREENHOUSE GASES
"Under the UNFCCC, the definition of climate
change is "a change of climate which is attributed
directly or indirectly to human activity that alters
the composition of the global atmosphere and
which is in addition to natural climate variability
observed over comparable time periods."
13) Changes in Atmospheric Constituents and in Radiative Forcing
"For the purposes of this chapter,
these 'boundary conditions' are assumed to be
invariant and forcing agent changes are considered
to be external to the climate system. The natural
RFs considered are solar changes and volcanoes;
the other RF agents are all attributed to humans."
14) Alternatives to Traditional Transportation Fuels 1994
Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Greenhouse Gas Emissions
[last page: if all CO2 removed, 88% of atmospheric heat trapping remains]
"Water Vapor (H2O). Overall, the most abundant and dominant greenhouse gas in the atmosphere is water vapor. Water vapor is neither long-lived nor well mixed in the atmosphere, varying spatially from 0 to 2 percent (IPCC 1996). "
Why Do Human-made Greenhouse Gases Matter When Water Vapor Is the Most Potent Greenhouse Gas? [from 1997]
"However, just because water vapor is the most important gas in creating the natural greenhouse effect does not mean that human- made greenhouse gases are unimportant."
Tags: Hi, I'm a Tea Partier revisited, xtranormal, capitalism, economy, Keynes, Obamacare, tugwit, mrtugwit, collapse, crisis, recession, freedom, debt, Global Warming, Tea Party, Tea Partier, Hi I'm a Tea Partier, cartoon bears, global warming, climate change, Keynesian economics, central planning, free market, free enterprise, federal reserve, the fed, quantitative easing, fiscal multiplier, great depression